Corporate Account Manager
Our strong customer relationships are a major reason why companies choose Heap as the source of truth for all of their customer data and .
We’re looking for someone to join our Account Management team to help manage our ever-growing book of self-serve and commercial customers. This is a hybrid role combining technical account management, product thinking, and consultative sales.
As one one of our Account Managers, you will:
- Deliver business value. As the dedicated point of contact, you will ensure that Heap is delivering business value and make companies actually care about data.
- Own the entire customer journey. You will guide customers through a basic onboarding and implementation, renewal and serve as an escalation path into Heap.
- Expand our existing customers. Identify and develop new opportunities for expansion across the customer’s business to increase Heap adoption by actively seeking up-sells and referrals.
- Retain our book of business.You’ll achieve high customer retention and high year-over-year renewal rates by executing win/win strategies for contract renewals.
- Be relentless at prioritization. Working with our mid-size customer business, you will have a higher volume of accounts and need to be able to stay organized and optimize your time.
- Form close relationships with our customers. Our customers will consider you part of their team.
- Become knowledgeable about analytics infrastructure. You will have complete context on our product and become an expert in the larger analytics space.
- Communicate technical concepts clearly. You will convey sound data principles to a wide-range of audiences: product managers, marketers, data scientists, engineers and C-level executives.
- Advocate for the best customer experience. Internally, you’ll serve as the voice of our customers when defining product requirements with engineers or helping marketers educate the world about analytics.
- Constantly iterate on our process. Be part of a growing team at Heap and help inform our approach to our customer lifecycle processes.
- Be ready for anything else. You’ll work cross-functionally and manage special projects internally to help Heap scale as fast as possible.
Within your first few months, you should should expect the following:
- 30 days: Learn how to answer any customer question, be familiar with Heap solutions, positioning, competition, and product suite. Internalize Heap success stories, our systems and our processes. You’ll shadow every possible sales and customer success meetings with existing clients.
- 60 days: Begin to take on your own portfolio of accounts and lead onboarding processes for new customers. Become fluent in their history, their goals with Heap, and define a plan to make these accounts successful.
- 90 days: You’ll be fully ramped and executing against your portfolio of customers. You’ll have ownership over the engagement, retention, and growth of these clients.
Most importantly, you’re an empathetic person who is comfortable with ambiguity and is an incredibly fast learner. As a strategic advisor for our customers, you’ll face novel situations and provide expertise on different topics every day.
What we're looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience in a consultative customer facing role (management consulting, account management, customer success management, etc.).
- Proven track record of leading engagements with B2B customers resulting in contract value growth on both upsells and renewals
- Experience managing deal pipeline in Salesforce
- (Bonus) Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, SQL and working with various APIs.
- (Bonus) Knowledge of the analytics market and data infrastructure, and experience within the SaaS/digital space
As a data company, security is extremely important to us. Here are a few security best practices all Heaple follow:
- All laptops: enable full-disk encryption, install company-provided anti-virus and/or firewall.
- Third-party software and tools: must be evaluated for security and privacy before use.
- Data access: only handle data manually or make copies if there is absolutely no way to avoid it.
- Office security: keep the secure perimeter closed, and challenge unfamiliar faces.
- Breaches and security incidents: if you are aware of a breach or something stolen, escalate.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others.
We know the people are what make Heap awesome, and regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We would love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today