Business Development Representative
Heap has made a fundamental innovation in analytics, and companies like Zendesk and Optimizely have chosen us over more established incumbents. Our revenue has increased more than 10x in the prior year, and we’ve been cash-flow positive since May 2015. We're looking to bring on sales hires to help us scale to $100M in ARR and beyond!
We're looking for a Business Development Representative [outbound sales development] who is excited about consultative selling to Enterprise prospects. You will learn about the analytics goals of prospective customers to find out if they are a good fit for Heap.
- Reach out to new prospects in our target market and get them excited about Heap
- Set meetings with qualified prospects for handoff to Account Executives
- Communicate with AEs and educate them on details of opportunities
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity and closed business quotas
- Demonstrate the value of Heap through email and phone communication
We want to hear from you if you are:
- Eager to take on more responsibility - You will be one of the first members of our sales team. As you learn more about the sales process, product, and consistently crush your number, you’ll become one of our early Account Executives.
- A strong communicator - Analytics can get overwhelming. Can you empathize with our customers, zero in on their needs, and articulate how Heap satisfies those needs?
- Obsessed with prospect happiness - You will set the stage for an effective sales follow-up.
- A fast learner - You have an analytical mindset and are able to understand and explain a technical product within a matter of weeks.
- A master of email communication - You keep the inbox at zero.
- Comfortable talking to a variety of users - Heap plays a day-to-day role for a wide range of people: engineers, marketers, product managers, designers, data scientists, and CEOs. You’ll interface with some or all of these in an organization to close deals.
- Previous inbound or outbound sales development experience [1-2 years]
- Salesforce.com experience
- Analytics or marketing tech sales experience a huge nice-to-have
As a data company, security is extremely important to us. Here are a few security best practices all Heaple follow:
- All laptops: enable full-disk encryption, install company-provided anti-virus and/or firewall.
- Third-party software and tools: must be evaluated for security and privacy before use.
- Data access: only handle data manually or make copies if there is absolutely no way to avoid it.
- Office security: keep the secure perimeter closed, and challenge unfamiliar faces.
- Beaches and security incidents: if you are aware of a breach or something stolen, escalate.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today