Our strong customer support team is a major reason why companies choose Heap as the source of truth for all their customer data and why our customers love us so much! We’re looking to hire an experienced Solutions Engineer to help our customers understand our product and make the most of their data. Our customers use Heap to make important business decisions, and you'll be on the front line helping them, by answering their emails, building reports, leading trainings, and helping with implementation. You’ll work closely with our customer success managers, sales, and product to advocate for our customers.
At Heap this means you will:
- Form close relationships with our customers. Our customers will consider you part of their team.
- Become more knowledgeable about analytics infrastructure than anyone else. You will have complete context on our product and become an expert in the larger analytics space.
- Communicate technical concepts clearly. You will convey sound data principles to a wide-range of audiences: product managers, marketers, data scientists, engineers and C-level executives.
- Advocate for the best customer experience. Internally, you’ll serve as the voice of our customers when defining product requirements with engineers or helping marketers educate the world about analytics.
- Constantly iterate on our process. You’ll work cross-functionally and manage special projects internally to help Heap scale as fast as possible.
Within your first few months you should expect the following:
- after 30 days: You’ve led trainings for key customers, answered hundreds of customer questions, triaged and prioritized bugs and feature requests, and acted as internal support for our sales, marketing and engineering teams.
- after 60 days: You understand Heap’s infrastructure, have built custom dashboards for our customers, and are a champion at dogfooding Heap. You’ve written your first blog post to share the insights you’ve delivered internally!
- after 90 days: You know Heap like the back of your hand and can lead in-depth trainings for any person in any vertical. You’ve come up will clever workarounds to push Heap to the limits, and can help customers with every question whether it is joining data in Heap SQL or analyzing data within the UI. You can basically point to the line of code that is causing bugs, and have written your own scripts to make the support team more efficient.
Most importantly, you’re an empathetic person who is comfortable with ambiguity and is an incredibly fast learner. As a strategic advisor for our customers, you’ll face novel situations and provide expertise every day.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, SQL, and working with various APIs
- A passion for helping people
- (Bonus) Knowledge of the analytics market and data infrastructure
As a data company, security is extremely important to us. Here are a few security best practices all Heaple follow:
- All laptops: enable full-disk encryption, install company-provided anti-virus and/or firewall.
- Third-party software and tools: must be evaluated for security and privacy before use.
- Data access: only handle data manually or make copies if there is absolutely no way to avoid it.
- Office security: keep the secure perimeter closed, and challenge unfamiliar faces.
- Breaches and security incidents: if you are aware of a breach or something stolen, escalate.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today