Revenue Accounting Manager
Finance and Operations
Heap is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to lead our revenue operations and technical revenue accounting. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for managing and refining all things revenue including: revenue recognition, compliance with 606, order to collect processes, contract review and analysis, billing, collections and reporting on bookings and revenue related processes. You will work closely with sales, legal, customer success and finance teams to ensure seamless communication around customer contracts pre and post execution.
At Heap this means you will:
- Take full ownership of all things revenue including order to cash processes and revenue recognition
- Work collaboratively with Legal, Sales, Business Operations, Billing, Professional Services, and FP&A to drive best practices in revenue
- Manage all aspects of the revenue recognition process including month end reconciliations, audit support, system improvements and forecasting
- Own the A/R process
- Review contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and accounting standards
- Maintain process and policy documentation
- Liase with auditors on revenue recognition and related matters during annual audit
- 30 days
- Understand current revenue recognition process and systems
- Take over A/R process
- 60 days:
- Take over revenue recognition process
- Understand effects of 606 on revenue and start process to reflect this
- Start getting involved in deal desk with sales and legal
- 90 days:
- Own the entire contract to cash and revenue process
- Make a recommendation for updates to systems
What we are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA highly preferred
- Big 4 Public accounting experience preferred
- Revenue recognition experience with ideally subscription companies
- Experience with revenue and invoicing systems and SFDC
- Proactive, team player and ability to work in a fast paced environment
As a data company, security is extremely important to us. Here are a few security best practices all Heaple follow:
- All laptops: enable full-disk encryption, install company-provided anti-virus and/or firewall.
- Third-party software and tools: must be evaluated for security and privacy before use.
- Data access: only handle data manually or make copies if there is absolutely no way to avoid it.
- Office security: keep the secure perimeter closed, and challenge unfamiliar faces.
- Breaches and security incidents: if you are aware of a breach or something stolen, escalate.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today