Finance and Operations
Heap is looking for a it’s first full time legal hire. This role will primarily partner closely with sales by structuring, drafting and negotiating enterprise commercial transactions but will also be involved in other corporate matters. You should be a self-motivated individual comfortable working in an exciting, high growth, fast paced environment.
At Heap this means you will:
- Be the main point of contact for company legal matters.
- Draft, negotiate and review subscription agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and other types of inbound and outbound commercial agreements.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product and Finance teams in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, processes and procedures.
- Streamline contract management processes and templates and conduct training sessions for internal clients on procedures and other contract or legal topics.
- Own anything related to security and data privacy
- 30 days
- Understand Heap’s key stances on commercial negotiations
- Have a deep understanding of the Heap technology and business model
- 60 days
- Be the main point of contact for legal questions especially from the sales team
- Start implementing more streamlined process and policy for contract management
- 90 days
- Own all contract negotiations
- Based on bandwidth and skill set, start getting involved in other legal matters (employment, equity, lease, etc)
What we are looking for:
- Strong academic background and J.D. , bar admission.
- 2+ years of relevant experience negotiating and drafting subscription software license agreements, technology license, and professional services agreements.
- A proven track record of efficiency, working well with a variety of stakeholders including clients, sales leadership and internal or external business stakeholders to close deals.
- Familiarity with the software-as-a-service business model and cloud computing concepts.
- Excellent communication skills with a business-minded attitude.
- Highly-responsive and service-oriented attitude.
- Familiarity with data security issues highly preferred
As a data company, security is extremely important to us. Here are a few security best practices all Heaple follow:
- All laptops: enable full-disk encryption, install company-provided anti-virus and/or firewall.
- Third-party software and tools: must be evaluated for security and privacy before use.
- Data access: only handle data manually or make copies if there is absolutely no way to avoid it.
- Office security: keep the secure perimeter closed, and challenge unfamiliar faces.
- Breaches and security incidents: if you are aware of a breach or something stolen, escalate.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today