Infrastructure Engineering Manager
As an Infrastructure Engineering Manager, you’ll lead a team that builds the infrastructure powering our product. Think: large-scale streaming ingestion, ad hoc analytics query infrastructure, realtime data-out connections, and materializing very large datasets in warehouses.
We would like to talk to you if:
- You have a track record of leading successful infrastructure-focused engineering teams.
- You communicate clearly both in writing and in person.
- You’ve done non-trivial IC work in the past, but are confident you want to be focusing on leading teams and managing people.
- You’ve observed engineering teams scale at least an order of magnitude.
- You’ve worked with product managers in the past and understand the product design process.
- You are enthusiastic about managing a partially-remote engineering team.
- Preference: you’ve successfully managed teams of 3-7
- Bonus: you’ve served as a Tech Lead before
What will you do?
- Promote long-term growth of engineers. Our engineers are driven and very talented. We are serious about investing in them, and you will be responsible for ensuring they are growing along the axes they care about.
- Create technical roadmaps plans based on input from your team and the rest of company, communicate these to the rest of the company, and ensure high-quality execution against these plans.
- Sell candidates and get them excited about building our product.
- Work with the rest of the leadership team to define success for our product and create a long-term vision for it.
Our engineering team is partially remote, and while we prefer onsite for this location, we are happy to consider remote for managers with fully-remote management experience. We cover relocation costs. We'd love to hear from you!
As a data company, security is extremely important to us. Here are a few security best practices all Heaple follow:
- All laptops: enable full-disk encryption, install company-provided anti-virus and/or firewall.
- Third-party software and tools: must be evaluated for security and privacy before use.
- Data access: only handle data manually or make copies if there is absolutely no way to avoid it.
- Office security: keep the secure perimeter closed, and challenge unfamiliar faces.
- Breaches and security incidents: if you are aware of a breach or something stolen, escalate.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today