Infrastructure Engineering Manager
As an Infrastructure Engineering Manager, you’ll lead a team that builds the infrastructure powering our product. Think: large-scale streaming ingestion, ad hoc analytics query infrastructure, realtime data-out connections, and materializing very large datasets in warehouses.
We would like to talk to you if:
- You have a track record of leading successful infrastructure-focused engineering teams.
- You communicate clearly both in writing and in person.
- You’ve done non-trivial IC work in the past, but are confident you want to be focusing on leading teams and managing people.
- You’ve observed engineering teams scale at least an order of magnitude.
- You’ve worked with product managers in the past and understand the product design process.
- You are enthusiastic about managing a partially-remote engineering team.
- Preference: you’ve successfully managed teams of 3-7
- Bonus: you’ve served as a Tech Lead before
What will you do?
- Promote long-term growth of engineers. Our engineers are driven and very talented. We are serious about investing in them, and you will be responsible for ensuring they are growing along the axes they care about.
- Create technical roadmaps plans based on input from your team and the rest of company, communicate these to the rest of the company, and ensure high-quality execution against these plans.
- Sell candidates and get them excited about building our product.
- Work with the rest of the leadership team to define success for our product and create a long-term vision for it.
While the majority of our engineering team is in our SF HQ, we also have an NY office, are we happy to consider remote for managers with remote management experience. We cover relocation costs. We'd love to hear from you!
Heap stores critical customer data, and security is extremely important to us. All managers are expected to enforce rules and best practices to keep the company safe from breaches and incidents.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today