Customer Education Specialist
As a Customer Education Specialist at Heap, your goal is to create and deliver compelling and engaging training content to allow our customers to understand and unlock the full capabilities of Heap.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Education, this role is responsible for delivering informative and engaging learning content in a variety of mediums. In this role, you’ll partner with your team to produce industry leading agile learning experiences, utilize and modify existing content for online delivery, and play a role in how our customer eduction program evolves.
The ideal candidate for this position is customer focused and growth-minded. They have a deep passion for customer education and an understanding of adult learning principles and theories. With that being said, they are also not afraid to think outside the box and disrupt the learning landscape.
You're perfect for this role if you are versatile, you’re able to deliver and create content for customers in an easy to digest format, as well as apply consistent standards and elevate the overall quality of our work; love both high-level strategy and hands-on training delivery; and thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process to have a huge impact. You seek out places where content has the most impact and pitch to make a difference.
Here are a few of the things you’ll do
- Support the delivery and design of training curriculums for customers.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to leverage existing learning assets.
- Develop slide decks, hands-on exercises and other learning materials for training offerings.
- Deliver classroom and virtual training to a variety of customer audiences.
- Partner with subject matter experts to identify opportunities for new or continued training.
- Provide feedback to relevant teams on customer’s skill assessment or potential areas of growth.
- This job may require up to 33% travel
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful
- 3+ years of experience in delivering training to live audiences
- Proven track record creating highly polished and engaging presentations and/or trainings
- Passion about customers and their experience
- Growth mindset with an eagerness to learn and teach
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from ideation through execution and evaluation
- Experience using a data-driven approach to evaluate success and drive results
- Interest in/affinity with data/analytics, cloud technologies
Nice to haves:
- Experience in training on data or analytics
- Familiar with SQL
As a data company, security is extremely important to us. Here are a few security best practices all Heaple follow:
- All laptops: enable full-disk encryption, install company-provided anti-virus and/or firewall.
- Third-party software and tools: must be evaluated for security and privacy before use.
- Data access: only handle data manually or make copies if there is absolutely no way to avoid it.
- Office security: keep the secure perimeter closed, and challenge unfamiliar faces.
- Breaches and security incidents: if you are aware of a breach or something stolen, escalate.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today