Technical Product Marketing Manager
Heap believes analytics is a problem rooted in data, not visualization. We strive to make data painless by automatically capturing and virtualizing how customers interact with companies.
We are looking for someone who loves data and loves making the sophisticated simple. Are you a great evangelist? Deeply technical but love face time with customers? Enjoy seeing your work magnified across a broad sales and user community?
As the Technical Product Marketing Manager, you will have ownership for Heap’s technical value proposition. In this role you will evangelize Heap directly and at scale through the Heap sales teams and user community, by building use cases, demos, and speaking engagements. You will directly impact product visibility and revenue pipeline by highlighting the product in innovative ways.
This role works cross-functionally across sales, marketing, and engineering, as well as industry partners. You will play a key role in launches, sales enablement, marketing campaigns, and acting as the face of the company at key events and strategic customer briefings.
- Act as key technical evangelist at key customer engagements, industry events, and virtually via online mediums such as webinars, blogs, and interviews.
- Drive technical marketing strategy and planning: Engage potential and existing customers with technical presentations, demos, webinars, sell sheets, case studies, white papers, battlecards and more.
- Work closely with product marketing managers to create content in support of the overall go-to-market efforts.
- Help build the community of data enthusiasts who love Heap, acting as “force multiplier” to create engagement and evangelism among Heap’s customer base.
- Help enable and train sales teams, especially sales engineering, on technical presentations and demos.
- 3+ years of experience in successfully marketing complex, technical B2B products or services with demonstrated ability to create technical content that performs
- Ability to rapidly digest complex technical information and potential use cases for technology across a range of industry verticals
- Strongly preferred: experience in the data infrastructure and/or analytics industry.
- Ability to think strategically and build thoughtful, actionable plans, and then rigorously drive to goals as a self-motivated self-starter.
As a data company, security is extremely important to us. Here are a few security best practices all Heaple follow:
- All laptops: enable full-disk encryption, install company-provided anti-virus and/or firewall.
- Third-party software and tools: must be evaluated for security and privacy before use.
- Data access: only handle data manually or make copies if there is absolutely no way to avoid it.
- Office security: keep the secure perimeter closed, and challenge unfamiliar faces.
- Breaches and security incidents: if you are aware of a breach or something stolen, escalate.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today