As a Documentation Strategist at Heap, your goal is to create a compelling and elegant knowledge base to allow our customers to understand and unlock the full capabilities of Heap. Working alongside the Training team, you’ll craft smart, relevant, and contextually curated content for a great user experience within the emerging field of user-based analytics. The ideal candidate will confidently define, create, optimize, and publish compelling content, maintain superb attention to detail, collaboratively employee a creative, research-driven process to shape content structure, visuals, and tone.
You're perfect for this role if you are versatile, you’re able to plan and write content for customers in an easy to digest format, as well as apply consistent standards and elevate the overall quality of our work; love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing; understand design thinking and user experience and thrive in a flat, fast-moving organization that uses light-weight process to have a huge impact. You seek out places where content has the most impact and pitch to make a difference.
Here are a few of the things you’ll do...
- Own the vision and voice of the customer knowledge base.
- Re-architect and re-launch our customer facing knowledge base.
- Design content based on discoverability and usability.
- Select and administer our knowledge / content management system.
- Develop a process and workflow for creating and managing
- knowledge content.
- Create technical documentation, how-to articles, and best practices.
- Work closely with Training, Product, Engineering, and Customer Success to anticipate and prioritize new content.
- Benchmark existing content strategies against industry standards and best practices, and get creative about potential new ones!
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful…
- 3+ years of experience creating and managing a customer knowledge base.
- Extensive knowledge in deploying and maintaining a scalable information architecture and page taxonomy that promotes self-service, ease of use, and a great UI/UX.
- Experience writing concise, easy to understand materials.
- Experience coordinating with internal teams to understand documentation best practices.
- Proven experience creating customer facing technical documentation.
- The ability to assess and recommend necessary methods and strategies to improve the existing content, and provides an innovative vision for future products.
- Be data driven... use analytics to prioritize new/updated content deliveries
- Experience in writing for external audiences
- BA/BS or higher in English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science, or related disciplines
- Experience in writing for analytics products
- Experience creating, classifying and maintaining knowledge within a program
We work in San Francisco and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
As a data company, security is extremely important to us. Here are a few security best practices all Heaple follow:
- All laptops: enable full-disk encryption, install company-provided anti-virus and/or firewall.
- Third-party software and tools: must be evaluated for security and privacy before use.
- Data access: only handle data manually or make copies if there is absolutely no way to avoid it.
- Office security: keep the secure perimeter closed, and challenge unfamiliar faces.
- Breaches and security incidents: if you are aware of a breach or something stolen, escalate.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today